Formed in 1984, Dinosaur Jr carved a singular path through the latter half of the 1980s, issuing three highly influential albums in the process before finding a home with Sire Records, who issued ‘Green Mind’ in 1991 as the alternative American rock scene the band had long been part of exploded globally.
Produced by a stripped down line-up of the group (in fact, J Mascis himself plays almost everything), the album and Sire’s international reach took Dinosaur Jr’s reputation to a new level, aided by the singles ‘The Wagon’ and ‘Whatever’s Cool With Me’, a non-album EP of new material and live recordings, all of which are included here.
Critically lauded on release, ‘Green Mind’ remains one of the band’s strongest collections, and a firm fan favourite.
Collected together here for the first time with related singles, B-sides and live recordings, and accompanied by in-depth sleevenotes from Mojo’s Keith Cameron (based on recent and exclusive interviews with J Mascis), this edition provides a thorough snapshot of the band at a period when all eyes were on American guitar groups, many of whom owed their existence to Dinosaur Jr.
• REMASTERED AND EXPANDED EDITION OF THE CLASSIC 4TH ALBUM AND MAJOR LABEL DEBUT.
• INCLUDES RELATED B-SIDES AND NEVER-BEFORE-ON-VINYL TRACKS.
• ON EYE-CATCHING GREEN VINYL!
• LINER NOTES BY MOJO MAGAZINE’S KEITH CAMERON, BASED ON EXCLUSIVE NEW INTERVIEWS WITH J MASCIS.
• PRODUCED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ARTIST.